The original Mai Thai location in west Omaha has recently been renovated and reopened for business! A few days ago, FoodMeOmaha stopped by for some takeout.
The updated Mai Thai is a bigger, modern space with similar decor as their second Aksarben location.
While waiting for my takeout order, I enjoyed the spring roll starter.
Fresh Spring Roll
- Description: Fresh veggies wrapped in rice paper, served with peanut sauce
- Price: $6.00
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 7.75 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 7.75 out of 10
This is a light, healthy refreshing spring roll. The standout flavor is the sweet and tangy sauce with finely chopped peanuts.
For takeout, I ordered the chicken wings and ginger chicken.
Mai Thai Chicken Wings
- Description: Crispy fried chicken wings, stir-fried with sweet basil sauce
- Price: $12.00
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.5 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.5 out of 10
I regularly order the flavorful, sweet sesame crispy chicken wings with basil and onion accent. This is one of my favorite Asian chicken wings in town!
- Description: Chicken, stir-fried with ginger, yellow & green onions, bell pepper and mushrooms
- Price: $12.00
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.25 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.25 out of 10
This dish is a yummy ginger delight and almost as good as Mai Thai’s garlic chicken! The highlights are the tender chicken and ginger sauce.
Both Mai Thai locations have the same delicious menu. There are many other dishes to explore on their menu. My current top favorite dishes at Mai Thai are the garlic noodle, garlic chicken, chicken wings, ginger chicken, and mango crab rangoon.
Click here for the past FoodMeOmaha review on Mai Thai favorites.