Mai Thai 2
- 2279 S. 67th Street Omaha, NE 68106
- Phone: (402) 884-7888
- Website: http://www.maithaiomaha.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mai-Thai-2-Aksarben-Village/146120215495422
- Cuisine: Thai, Vietnamese
- Price: $$
I have visited Mai Thai 2 several times for dining in and takeout. I am very pleased that Mai Thai opened a second location at Aksarben Village (near my abode). We need more diverse ethnic restaurants in the area!
Mai Thai 2 has a spacious, modern industrial atmosphere with some traditional Asian ornaments. They have good service but sometimes they are slower when they get busy.
Like Mai Thai’s first location in west Omaha, Mai Thai 2 has delicious Thai food. Here are my Mai Thai favorites so far!
Mango Crab Rangoon
- Description: Mango, cream cheese & crab served with sweet chili sauce
- Price: $6.50
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.25 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.25 out of 10
The mango crab rangoon has a nice crunchy outside and creamy cream cheese inside. Flavor-wise, the flavorful cream cheese dominates with a subtle mango and crab taste. The picky me wish there was more mango. Regardless, it’s a great crab rangoon, one of the best in town. This appetizer is recommended for the crab rangoon lovers.
- Description: Chicken, stir-fried with garlic, yellow onions, mushrooms, and black pepper, served with broccoli on the side and topped with crispy-fried garlic
- Price: $13.00
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.50 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.50 out of 10
I love the flavors of this dish. The highlights is the tender chicken and the crispy fried garlic balanced with the stir-fried veggies and rice. The sauce has a subtle savory and sweet flavor. Mmmm… This avid garlic lover instantly loved this dish at first bite. Check out the crispy fried garlic! I go for a spice level 3 for a nice heat that does not overpower the savory and sweet flavor.
- Description: Choice of chicken or beef, stir-fried with wide rice noodles, garlic, egg, beansprouts, green onions, and crushed peanuts.
- Price: $13.00
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.75 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.75 out of 10
This is another garlic-lover approved dish and my current top favorite at Mai Thai. I love the wide rice noodles, garlic, fresh bean sprouts, green onions, and crushed peanuts. It’s the garlic version of pad thai. It’s an awesome combination that pleases the palette in both texture and flavors. The garlic-flavored, tender-chewy rice noodles makes me happy.
Mai Thai has flavorful Thai food that satisfies my Asian cravings. There are many more dishes I am wanting to try as well. Thanks Mai Thai for being in the neighborhood!
Mai Thai 2
- FoodMe YUM Rating: 8.5 out of 10
- FoodMe Service Rating: 8 out of 10
- FoodMe Value Rating: 8.5 out of 10
- FoodMe Atmosphere Rating: 8 out of 10
- FoodMe Overall Rating: 8.5 out of 10